When Does STAR Health Do a PMUR?
STAR Health does a PMUR after children have taken the medications for at least 60 days and they fall outside the Parameters in certain categories. The categories are:
- All children under the age of four.
- Any child who is taking:
- 2 or more stimulant medications.
- 2 or more alpha agonists.
- 2 or more antidepressant medications.
- 2 or more atypical antipsychotic medications.
- 3 or more mood stabilizers.
- Any child with 4 or more psychotropic medications.
- Antipsychotic medication(s) prescribed continuously without appropriate monitoring of glucose and lipids at least every 6 months.