Adults and Trauma (Con't)
When working with adults involved in the child welfare system, it is important to consider the following:
- Any traumatic event that individual has experienced
- Can the adult talk about the trauma they experienced?
- The response to that event (both from the individual and their family
- Any interventions the individual has engaged in (as a child or as an adult) and their success regarding addressing that traumatic event
- Any connections between the adult’s current behaviors and functioning and trauma he or she has experienced