Proposed Rule Changes
Here you will find information on proposed rule changes. Listed below is the title, link to the Texas Register, and comment period dates for each packet. The public comment period begins on the date the notice is published in the Texas Register hyperlink and lasts for 30 days.
The public comment period for the proposed rule changes in Chapter 743, Minimum Standards for Shelter Care, and Chapter 745, Licensing, related to background checks is October 6, 2017 through November 6, 2017:
Send your comments on the proposed rule changes to Child Care Licensing by one of the two following methods:
- E-mail to HHSRulesCoordinationOffice@hhsc.state.tx.us
- Mail to Gerry Williams, Rules Developer (40R026), Child Care Licensing, Health and Human Services Commission E550, P.O. Box 149030, Austin, Texas 78714-9030.
Please include the specific rule number(s) you are commenting on. This will help us to ensure your comment is reviewed and considered appropriately.
Adopted Rule Changes
The following adopted rule changes in Chapters 745 relating to permit renewals will go into effect on December 1, 2017:
The following adopted rule changes in Chapters 744, 746, and 747 relating to comprehensive review became effective April 15, 2017:
- Chapter 744, School-Age and Before or After-School Programs
- Chapter 746, Child-Care Centers
- Chapter 747, Licenses and Regulated Child Care Homes
The following adopted rule changes in Chapters 748 and 749 became effective January 1, 2017:
Child Care Licensing Rules in the Texas Administrative Code
Child Care Licensing Rules currently in effect can be found in the Texas Administrative Code under Title 40, Part 19, in the following chapters:
- Chapter 745 consists of rules that clarify general licensing procedures essential to the regulation of all child-care operations and some residential child-care minimum standard rules.
- Chapter 745, Subchapter O, consists of rules for independent court-ordered adoption evaluations.
- Chapter 745, Subchapter P, consists of rules for day care administrator's credential program.
- Chapter 743 consists of minimum standards/rules for shelter care programs.
- Chapter 744 consists of minimum standards/rules for school-age and before- or after-school programs.
- Chapter 746 consists of minimum standards/rules for licensed child-care centers.
- Chapter 747 consists of minimum standards/rules for registered and licensed child-care homes.