What is NYTD?
The National Youth in Transition Database (NYTD) is a system to study the independent living services offered to youth in and out of foster care like you. This information will help us get better at helping youth to move from foster care into adulthood.
To get the information, Texas is surveying youth who are in foster care when they are 17, and then we will survey some of those youth again at ages 19 and 21. We will survey a different age group each year.
What do I do?
Fill out a survey! By answering a few questions in an easy, online survey, you can:
- Get involved.
- Leave a legacy for your brothers and sisters in foster care.
- Improve your community.
- Use your experiences to really make a difference.
Who should do it?
If you are (or were) in Texas foster care, and you are between age 16 and 25, you should register with NYTD: Access Granted.
- After you register, you'll get an email reminder when your age group is scheduled to take the survey.
- Currently, you should take the survey if you turn age 17 between October 1, 2016 and September 30, 2017.
- If that’s you, you should take the survey within 45 days after your birthday.
- If you were surveyed in the past, remember to keep your contact information up to date.
How come I have to register?
- If you don't register, you can't take the survey.
- Registering makes it easy to keep your contact information up-to-date.
- Registering keeps that information safe and confidential.
- NYTD: Access Granted gives you access to useful information and fun stuff for youth in and out of foster care.
Thank you NYTD participants
We would like to take the time and thank everyone that participated in the NYTD survey at age 17 and again at age 19 and 21! Your responses are greatly appreciated. Your voice will be heard and the information we collect from you will be used to help improve foster care for future generations.
Who are we surveying now?
We are currently surveying youth who turn age 17 from October 1, 2016 to September 30, 2017. Remember to keep in touch with your PAL Staff to receive a $100 incentive to take the survey at age 21 if you were surveyed at age 19 between October 1, 2015 to September 30, 2016.
The NYTD: Access Granted website is now available! Click here to log in.
- If you already have a password, login here.
- If you don't have a password, but you do have your Person ID, sign up here.
- If you do not have a Person ID, go here to ask for one.
U-NYTD, The National Youth in Transition Database Rap
by Janay and Kim, The West Coast Flow
(foster youth from California)