Share this page with social media websites
Use the following links to share this page through common social media websites. Use screen reader reading keys, as the Tab key may not work for all links. To share this page with a social media service not listed here, select the "Share" link to open a frame that lists additional options. In the input field,
If you are 17 years old or younger and in foster care, call the HHS Foster Care Ombudsman at 1-844-286-0769 to get help with:
- How to improve your foster care experience.
- How to file a complaint.
- Understanding your rights while in foster care.
2-1-1 Texas can help you connect with the services you need including food, housing, employment, health care, counseling and more. They can give you accurate, well-organized, and easy-to-find information from over 60,000 state and local health and human services programs.
Call 2-1-1 or visit www.211texas.org
Provides peer counseling to youth and family members for family conflicts, delinquency, truancy, abuse and neglect, and running away, 24 hours a day, seven days a week. You can make free confidential calls to 1-800-989-6884, chat online now or text uswww.txabusehotline.org)
Welcome to the Texas Youth Connection web site!
If you are currently or were formerly in Texas foster care, this website can help you find the resources you may need as you transition to a successful adulthood.
What is the Texas Youth Connection?
TexasYouthConnection.org was specifically designed by and created for current and former foster youth that were part of Texas Child Protective Services (CPS). CPS provides Transitional Living Services through programs that you may be familiar with and need more information about. These include:
- Chafee Preparation for Adult Living (PAL) Program
- Chafee Education and Training Voucher (ETV) Program
- Extended Foster Care program including Supervised Independent Living
- State College Tuition and Fee Waiver
- Former Foster Care Children Medicaid Program
- Case Records and Document Requests
Texas Foster Care Handbook For Youth
- Texas Foster Care Handbook
- Texas Foster Care Handbook (Accessible for people with disabilities)
- Manual Para Jóvenes Sobre El Cuidado Temporal En Texas
Need assistance on Transitional Living Services?
Shannon Ramsey-Team Lead Transitional Living Services
Gaye Vopat-PAL Program Specialist
Tym Belseth-ETV/Youth Specialist Program Specialist
Larry Burgess-Fostering Connections/Extended Foster Care Program Specialist