Share this page with social media websites
Use the following links to share this page through common social media websites. Use screen reader reading keys, as the Tab key may not work for all links. To share this page with a social media service not listed here, select the "Share" link to open a frame that lists additional options. In the input field,
Activities and Events for Youth:
- PAL PEAKS Camp-Two, four-day camps held annually for youth aimed at building self-esteem, improving communication, problem-solving, and having fun. The Texas Network of Youth Services (TNOYS) offers the PEAKS Camp through a partnership with DFPS. http://www.tnoys.org/
- PAL Statewide Teen Conference-Yearly three-day conference held on a college campus offering workshops for youth that lead to self-sufficiency and independence.
- PAL College Conference-Texas A&M University-Commerce hosts a two-day (weekend) conference, once a year, for youth to learn about and prepare for higher education opportunities.
- Aging-Out Seminars: These seminars are offered to youth ages 15½ to 18 in two separate tracks before they leave care. Seminars include topic areas selected by youth to strengthen their knowledge and skills about DFPS programs, benefits, resources and other Life Skills topics. These seminars build on information from PAL Life Skills Training classes.
- Statewide Youth Leadership Councils (Youth Advisory Boards)-Regional Activities-Some regions may host regional Teen Conferences (based on fund availability) and other activities to help youth/young adults prepare to transition to adulthood and to provide leadership opportunities.