Share this page with social media websites
Use the following links to share this page through common social media websites. Use screen reader reading keys, as the Tab key may not work for all links. To share this page with a social media service not listed here, select the "Share" link to open a frame that lists additional options. In the input field,
- Cook's Thesaurus- a cooking encyclopedia that covers thousands of ingredients and kitchen tools. Entries include pictures, descriptions, synonyms, pronunciations, and suggested substitutions
- Produce Oasis - one stop source for information about selecting, preparing, and using fresh fruits and vegetables
- Information on how to learn to cook
- Fresh Chefs Society - Austin-based, not-for-profit, organization that promotes healthy eating by teaching foster youth and alumni how to cook.
- Spatulatta - step-by-step instructional videos on how to cook
- Resources on food shopping and meal planning
- List of Texas Food Banks from Feeding America, the Nation's Food Bank Network.
- Texas Food Bank Network- interactive map to find food banks.
- How To Save on Grocery Bills - information from How To Do Things
- Saving Money At The Grocery Store - information from MoneyInstructor.com
- Nutrition Facts Label Programs & Materials
- Consumer Advice and Publications on Food Safety, Nutrition, and Cosmetics - information from the U.S. Food and Drug Administration.
- Shape Up America! Healthy Weight for Life - Non-profit organization committed to raising awareness of obesity as a health issue.
- Evaluating Weight Control Programs - list of resources from the U.S. Department of Agriculture
- Vitamin and Mineral Supplement Fact Sheets - information from the National Institutes of Health
- Food Labeling information from the Food and Drug Administration
- Nutrition-related resources from the U.S. Department of Agriculture
- Information for Teen's from the U.S. Department of Agriculture
- USDA's Food and Nutrition Information Center
- SuperTracker- a tool that helps you plan, analyze, and track your diet and physical activity
- Nutrition resources for vegetarians
- Nutrition information from the American Heart Association
- Information from the Centers for Disease Control about weight management.