Provided by Snagajob
Preparing for a job interview can be stressful if you don’t have the right tools. The Texas Workforce Commission has created some helpful information to prepare for your interview.
Appearance matters especially if you have only one chance to get the job that you want. Look well groomed. Wear clean, pressed, appropriate clothing.
- Remove extra piercings.
- Cover up tattoos.
- Use make-up in good taste.
- Evaluate yourself—would you hire someone like you?
At the interview
- Be prompt and show up alone. Turn off your phone.
- Introduce yourself with confidence.
- Shake hands firmly but briefly both before and after the interview.
- Answer questions directly and honestly and maintain eye contact.
- You don’t need to share your personal information.
- Use proper grammar and speak clearly with confidence.
- Be courteous, professional, and cooperative.
- Ask questions and show interest and enthusiasm.
- Thank the interviewer(s) for their time.
- Some helpful questions to ask:
- Can this job lead to other positions?
- Are there training opportunities?
- When do you expect make a decision about the position?
- Can I contact you by phone or email?