About Region 3b
- Single Source Continuum Contractor (SSCC): Our Community Our Kids (OCOK)
- Current status: Stage II
- Next step: Ongoing monitoring
- DFPS/OCOK Joint Operations Manual
- OCOK Case Management Operations Manual
Note: Some links in these documents will only work for DFPS and OCOK staff with access to the DFPS intranet.
- Community-Based Care administrator: Carressa Cherry (817) 307-0512
- Contract Administration manager: Larry Isbell (817) 360-0725
- Case Management Oversight manager:
Our Community Our Kids
7700 AWG Way (Main Office)
Fort Worth, TX 76140
|Title||Name / Email|
|Chief Operating Officer||Kris Naylor|
|Senior Permanency Director||Joy Waldrop|
|Permanency Director||Jalah Lawrence|
|Permanency Director||Stacy Reynolds|
|Permanency Director||Erica Butler|
|Director of Community Relations||Courtney Leaverton|
|Consumer Affairs Specialist||Lindsey Stewart|
Texas took a major step toward expanding Community-Based Care (CBC) for children in foster care by entering a groundbreaking new phase for the initiative. On March 2, 2020, Our Community Our Kids (OCOK) – a division of ACH Child and Family Services – began providing foster care case management, kinship, and family reunification services to youth and families in Tarrant, Palo Pinto, Parker, Johnson, Hood, Somervell, and Erath counties. This is the first area in the state to implement stage 2 of Community-Based Care.
|1506||Region 3b Adoption Checklist|
|1507||Region 3b Removal Staffing Checklist|
|1512||Region 3b Placement Documentation|
- August 1, 2011: DFPS issues Request for Proposals (RFP) for provision of paid foster care and purchased services to support the safety, permanency and well-being of children in state’s conservatorship.
- November 8, 2013: DFPS awarded a contract to ACH Family Services as the SSCC that went into effect on January 1, 2014.
- September 1, 2014: DFPS launches Foster Care Redesign Initiative with ACH Child and Family Services. A division of ACH was developed, Our Community Our Kids (OCOK), to assume responsibility for the foster care system in the region.
- March 21, 2017: DFPS renews contract with ACH Family Services
- September 1, 2019: DFPS extends contract with ACH Family Services to expand to Stage II of Community-Based Care
- March 1, 2020 : OCOK began Stage II implementation including providing all substitute care, case management, kinship, and transitional living services.