A Special Investigator (SI) is a DFPS staff member with a law enforcement background and experience in criminal investigations. Special investigators offer advice on high-profile or high-risk DFPS cases that may require joint investigation with law enforcement.
Special investigator duties may include:
- Helping with complex investigations.
- Forensic investigation techniques.
- School investigations.
- Assisting with human trafficking investigations.
- Responding to drug-endangered children cases.
- Acting as department liaisons to local law enforcement agencies.
- Searching for missing families and children in foster care using databases and other resources.
- Submitting requests to the Department of Public Safety to place a missing family on the Child Safety Check Alter List (CSCAL).
- Mentoring DFPS investigators and caseworkers, and training them on child abuse issues.
- Participating on local boards and multi-disciplinary teams.
Special Investigations Regional Directors
|1, 2, 9, and 10||Marshall Davidson||(325) 267-0389|
|3E, 4, and 5||Sam Foster||(214) 901-4670|
|3W and 7||Greg Eakens||(254) 291-7152|
|6||Jay Borton||(903) 413-8073|
|8 and 11||Robert Vela||(956) 279-5798|
State Office Contacts
|Director||Sharon Fonvielle-Baughman||(214) 425- 4087|
|Program Specialist||Damaris Nicholson||(512) 596-6062|