A Special Investigator (SI) is a DFPS staff member with a law enforcement background and experience in criminal investigations. Special investigators offer advice on high-profile or high-risk DFPS cases that may require joint investigation with law enforcement.
Special investigator duties may include:
- Helping with complex investigations.
- Forensic investigation techniques.
- School investigations.
- Assisting with human trafficking investigations.
- Responding to drug-endangered children cases.
- Acting as department liaisons to local law enforcement agencies.
- Searching for missing families and children in foster care using databases and other resources.
- Submitting requests to the Department of Public Safety to place a missing family on the Child Safety Check Alter List (CSCAL).
- Mentoring DFPS investigators and caseworkers, and training them on child abuse issues.
- Participating on local boards and multi-disciplinary teams.
Special Investigations Regional Program Administrators
|1, 2, 9, and 10||Clint Cox||(806) 640-2113|
|3 East, 4, and 5||Sharon Fonvielle-Baughman||(214) 425-4087|
|3 West and 7||Marshall Davidson||(325) 267-0389|
|6||Jennifer Zermeno||(281) 799-2064|
|8 and 11||Tommy Ward||(210) 216-1346|
State Office Contacts
|Director||Demetrie Mitchell||(512) 438-5954|
|Program Specialist||Yolanda Chatham Brooks||(512) 438-5954|