About the Conference
Partners in Prevention is the largest annual gathering of prevention and early intervention professionals in Texas. The conference attracts parent educators, youth service providers, civic leaders, policy advocates, researchers, DFPS staff, Prevention and Early Intervention grantees, and others with a professional interest in child and family well-being, youth development and juvenile justice. Attendees benefit from a wide variety of presentations, including but not limited to lived experience from parents and youth, fatherhood engagement, ethics, diversity, equity and inclusion, program evaluation, home visiting, and positive youth development.
2021 Partners in Prevention Conference
Our 2021 Conference will be November 2-4 at the Renaissance Austin Hotel. The theme is Forging Forward Together: Nurturing Communities and Families. This event will be hybrid, with attendees given the option to attend in-person or virtually. In-person spots will be limited.
We seek to recognize the challenges of the past year and the power of coming together, carving out paths towards a future that supports prevention and early intervention professionals and the communities they support and partner with.
Here's a preview of what to expect.
Grantee-Only Day (November 2nd)
- Opening General Session
- Grantee Business Meetings
- Strategic Planning Lunches
- Regional Meetups
- Poster Walk Session for Grantees (snacks and beverages)
- Early Childhood and Youth Panel Discussion
Public Conference Days (November 3rd-4th)
- Three Streaming Keynotes
- Self-Care Activities
- Community Awards Presentations
- 40 in-person sessions (16 streamed over the internet)
- Virtual Exhibit Hall
- Networking Opportunities
- Lunch and Coffee Breaks
- Parent and Youth Involvement
- Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Considerations
Our Commitment to Safety
The Prevention and Early Intervention Division wants every attendee to feel and be safe during PIP. We are following CDC and Texas Department of State Health Services guidelines before and during PIP.
- We strongly encourage mask wearing, hand washing, social distancing, and vaccinations throughout the conference in signage and communications as a way to keep all participants safe from COVID-19.
- Items for participants are packed separately and safely before they are given to attendees.
- Masks will be available at the registration desk throughout the conference.
- Sanitizing hand gel will be available for use to all attendees.
- Wristbands will be offered to each attendee to signify what level of comfort people have with direct contact or comfort levels with closeness.
Feel free to share this message with others. Start the conversation on your social media accounts! #pipcon2021
Bookmark this page and subscribe to the Texas Prevention Network to stay up-to-date.
For more information or questions, please contact email@example.com.