Come Work for Us
Jobs with DFPS
The mission of the Texas Department of Family and Protective Services (DFPS) is to protect the unprotected — children, elderly, and people with disabilities — from abuse, neglect, and exploitation.
DFPS is committed to hiring a diverse workforce to interact with clients from all walks of life. Bilingual (Spanish/English or Vietnamese/English) applicants are desired in most locations.
DFPS has four main programs
- Child Protective Services
- Adult Protective Services
- Child Care Licensing
- Statewide Intake
These programs serve to:
- Protect children.
- Protect adults who are elderly or have disabilities who are living at home or in state facilities.
- Regulate various types of day care and 24-hour residential child care facilities and foster homes.
- Manage community-based programs that prevent delinquency, abuse, neglect, and exploitation of Texas children and youth.
Every day, thousands of DFPS employees in communities across Texas protect the physical safety and emotional well-being of some of the most vulnerable people in our state.
Child abuse and neglect affect the lives of tens of thousands of children each year in Texas. Working with CPS, you have the opportunity to work with children and their families to insure secure, nurturing homes.
The protection of people who are elderly or have disabilities is a growing issue in Texas. These Texans make up almost a quarter of the state’s total population. In APS, our employees work with communities and families to protect a diverse group of clients from abuse, neglect and exploitation.