|Revision Date||September 1, 2021|
DFPS contract staff use IMPACT, CAPPS FIN, and SCOR to manage contracts throughout the contract lifecycle. The IMPACT system is supported by DFPS-IT, while the CAPPS FIN and SCOR systems are supported by HHS-IT.
Information Management Protecting Adults and Children in Texas (IMPACT)
IMPACT is a web-based application used to:
- Assist DFPS staff with determination of client eligibility;
- Provide case management and financial processing for DFPS; and,
- Allow purchased client services to authorize and link to individual clients and provider agencies.
Each region/division have contract staff that are trained to use IMPACT.
Centralized Accounting and Payroll/Personnel System - Financials Module (CAPPS FIN)
CAPPS FIN is an application accessible via the HHS Enterprise Portal that is used to:
- Enter and process requisitions for purchases/procurements;
- Execute non-open enrollment contracts;
- Process contract amendments, terminations and closeouts; and
- Access financial reports and expenditure information.
System of Contract Operation and Reporting (SCOR)SCOR is the electronic contract management repository that the agency uses to retain contract records, assure the integrity of DFPS contract information, and perform mandated reporting to oversight agencies. SCOR is the source of record for reporting contracting requirements as defined by the Comptroller, Legislative Budget Board (LBB), Vendor Performance Tracking System (VPTS), Texas Government Code, and DFPS internal policies.
DFPS contracts, Transactional Purchase Orders (TPOs) and revenue generating contracts are maintained in SCOR. Subcontracts and Memoranda of Understanding (MOU) are not required to be maintained in SCOR.
Personal identifiable information (PII) will not be maintained in SCOR. PII regarding clients, such as names, addresses, and social security numbers, must be redacted from any contract documents prior to being uploaded and maintained in SCOR. Refer to Contract Handbook 4.3 for additional information. SCOR is accessible via the HHS Enterprise Portal and is used to:
- Provide visibility, accountability and confidence into DFPS financial and contractual obligations.
- Provide targeted dashboard views at executive, management and contract manager levels.
- Utilize standard data definitions to provide seamless integration with CAPPS Financials to ensure data integrity.
- Serve as the contract management system of record in responding to external information requests, including audits and open records.
- Assist DFPS with implementation of contracting requirements as defined by the Texas Comptroller and State Legislature.