Our Mission, Vision, and Values
The mission of The Texas Department of Family and Protective Services is to protect children, the elderly, and people with disabilities from abuse, neglect, and exploitation by involving clients, families, and communities.
The Department of Family and Protective Services:
- Is recognized for innovative, effective services.
- Builds strong, effective partnerships with clients, communities and state leaders.
- Provides effective leadership that is accountable for its actions and communicates openly with clients and stakeholders.
- Supports staff who are highly motivated, diverse, ethical, well trained, and professional.
- We protect the unprotected.
- We involve clients, families and communities in decision-making.
- We provide quality services.
- We are innovative and strive for excellence.
- We are ethical and accountable.
- We promote diversity.
- We value our staff.